Describe your role as Senior Account Director
As a Senior Account Director with Aquent, I’m responsible for managing the relationships of a portfolio of large enterprise ASX listed clients who require Digital/Creative and eCommerce solutions, and identifying opportunities where we can add value.
What industries and types of organisations make up your portfolio of clients?
I work with large corporate accounts across banking and finance, telco, media, retail, insurance and technology — with a particular focus on businesses that are digitally led, and have a head office located in Sydney.
Why do you love what you do?
There’s not one reason why I love my role, there’s many!
- I love the team I work with, and the close knit supportive culture we have.
- I love the challenge I get out of my job where not one day is the same. Each day my clients are changing — they’re working on new exciting projects and we get to be a part of that.
- I love that now many of my client relationships feel like friendships.
- I love that Aquent continues to invest in my growth and development through our Learning Fund — after 15 years in the industry, I’m able to attend courses, seminars, webinars and explore my digital and creative interests.
How do you service your clients?
Aquent has a lot of services to offer, and it’s not one piece fits all with servicing clients. Part of my role is to understand each client contact’s unique needs, and to offer solutions and services based on those needs.
With regular face-to-face or phone contact, we stay up-to-date on changes, new projects, challenges and pain points our clients are facing. That helps us anticipate resources they might need and have the right talent/consultants on our books, ready to go.
We also offer loads of relevant insights and content that is in such high demand across my clients! I’m continually keeping hiring managers up-to-date on new Gymnasium courses to upskill their teams for free, delivering copies of our annual Salary Guide or one of the many industry reports we have to offer.
Describe an ideal client relationship?
An ideal client relationship to me is one that’s built on trust, transparency, respect and a mutual partnership.
I don’t see myself as a “sales person” or as a “recruiter,” but as someone who partners with stakeholders and is part of their strategy to scale up and down project resources as well as supporting internal Talent Acquisition teams by offering highly skilled candidates for permanent headcount.
What are your top 3 tips for hiring managers?
- Consider your suppliers as a partner. You will get so much more value from the relationship.
- Give feedback quickly — don’t wait weeks or longer to give feedback on talent/ candidate profiles. The faster we get feedback, the less likely you will miss out on great talent, and the quicker we can send you the right profile.
- Share your success with us! We feel so much pride and excitement in the work that our talent/consultants deliver.
When you’re not at work, what do you love doing
I love bushwalking, fishing, sitting by a bonfire toasting marshmallows with my family. We live in Bundeena in the Royal National Park, and I love nothing more than going on adventures with my kids.
How do people get in touch with you?
You can contact me on my mobile, email, LinkedIn or twitter.
Mobile: 0408 646 611